In our economy the most productive companies are protected and given wealth in order for them to continue thriving. What I don’t get is, under this type of thinking, shouldn’t we be protecting and allowing the planet itself to thrive above all else, since it is the most productive “company” we know of?
The planet itself is what has allowed for the production of everything we know of and yet we treat it like it’s the least productive part of our whole economy. We say that we have to make it “productive” by cutting down its trees so that we can produce paper, but aren’t those trees producing the air we breathe? We also make it “productive” by drilling the shit out of it to get oil so that we can pollute its air, which is the very same air that supports us. It’s all a bit crazy, isn’t it?
I guess the reason the planet gets treated so unfairly is because it doesn’t have hundreds of lobbyists bitching to governments about its sad state of affairs like the other “successful” companies do.
So I guess what I’m saying is, we should all do our part to help out the economy. You can help out by:
- Sitting under a tree on a nice summer day, instead of cutting it down.
- Taking a swim in the ocean.
- Stopping and smelling the roses.
- Watching the newest and hottest (both literally and figuratively) reality show, “Nature”. It’s playing right now, outside.
- Starting your career working for the most productive company we know of. The planet is now recruiting new staff! It offers a great salary and an excellent health coverage plan, which includes: clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, awesome weather and scenery to enjoy, an abundance of healthy food such as fruits and veggies and the like, and so much more. It also provides extremely flexible work hours and the ability to work outdoors and in multiple locations. The planet also provides a state of the art work environment which uncannily mimics the benefits of nature. Interested? No need to apply. Simply decide you want to work for the planet and do whatever you can to help it thrive.